Monday, August 14, 2006

Today's thought is:

Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and dust doth corrupt, where thieves break through and steal; but lay up treasures in heaven ... for where your treasure is, there will be your heart also. --Matthew 6:19 21

The True Treasure

Consider the following story of misplaced priorities. While hiking in the wilderness, I met a man whose T-shirt carried the following message: "He who dies with the most toys, wins."
As I pondered those words, I was sure that the author meant the opposite of what he said. No one on his deathbed ever stated, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." We were put on this earth not to accumulate "toys," but to reap the gifts of the spirit. These gifts come to us when we dedicate our lives to something greater than ourselves - a path of service in the world, the raising of a loving family, the creation of beauty through art, or any passion that inspires one.
Having lived in this manner, you can look back over your life with a real sense of fulfillment. By following the path of peace, love, and joy, you will discover your true treasure - one that transcends death itself.
He, who dies, having followed his heart, wins

*source Unknown *

This really meant a lot to me today. It was confirmation to what I've believed and have felt all my life. I've always been one to "not follow the crowd" or to think radical - and more artistic than others. This has had me always questioning life and what it's all about.
Until I found Jesus, and made him my savior- my eyes were closed to who I was...and what I could do.
.. I've been freed, in more ways than one. Free to be me, and Free to do what will allow me to WIN in the in.....

No comments: