Thursday, September 01, 2005

We're winners!!!

*All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman;
and however we deceive ourselves,
as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince.
~Plato

This quote really touched me today. Sometimes we lose focus of God and start to look around us. We begin to look at other people, other businesses- and see that they are “flourishing”, growing or doing so much more than we are.

It seems as if, no matter how hard we try, we “can’t win for losing”.

I had asked God,
“Why do you allow some to have more than others? Are they more special in some way? Is your favor on them, but not on the others? Is this JUST??”

God spoke to me.
Firstly, “His ways are NOT our ways…neither are his thoughts our thoughts”
(in other words, “How dare I try to comprehend his justice and why he does things- I could NEVER begin to understand with my mortal mind”…)
Needless to say, that shut me up pretty quickly!! LOL

Secondly, we are ALL equal in his eyes. No one is greater. Actually- none of us really ‘shine’, when you get down to it. Compared to him, our greatest deeds and ‘best-of-the-best’ is like “filthy rags” .

Isa 64:6 “ But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;”

However in spite of that, God still loves us. His mercies keep us. Even when I feel that I am going backwards, not progressing-but losing in this game of life…

I’m not.

I am a winner in more ways than one. You may not see it- but I know it.
So are you! I may not see it- but God know it.
…Now isn’t that what truly matters?

Peace & Blessings,
~Nia

* Quote taken from Julie Gaskins, a.k.a. "J"
http://profiles.yahoo.com/tremendousjewel
http://authorsden.com/julieagaskinstremendousjewel@yahoo.com

No comments: